- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Full Time
Our excellent benefits include medical/dental/eye insurance, company matched 401K, tuition assistance, pre-tax accounts for medical and dependent care, company paid life/long term disability insurance and much more.
Delivery driver is responsible for the loading/unloading, wrapping and securing equipment to the delivery truck. Must be knowledgeable on the equipment that he/she is to deliver to the customer and answer questions on the operation of the equipment. He/she will pick-up customers equipment if it has been scheduled to do so, if not, customer will be notified at this time.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Maintain scheduled maintenance on his assigned truck, ensuring cleanliness
- Maintain and track scheduled truck maintenance
- Ensure equipment being delivered is safely secured and wrapped appropriately
- Know the functions of equipment being delivered
- Have a working knowledge of the local area for delivery efficiency
- Obey all traffic laws and be courteous to others
- Represent AOTG with good personal appearance
- Ensure that communication is initiated with the customer prior to delivery and provide an estimated time of arrival.
- No change of schedule will take place unless it is approved by the Warehouse manager.
- Maintain driver transportation log books as required by ADOT
- COMMUNICATION is essential between the drivers and the Logistics Coordinator, the drivers will call the LC and advice him/her of ETA's concerning customer's deliveries and returning back to the warehouse.
- Pass security qualifications for admission to the Arizona Department of Corrections for the delivery/pickup of AOT equipment.
OTHER FUNCTIONS :
- Be available to help out on other tasks while in the warehouse
- Take the initiative and assist in the wrapping and set-up of equipment
- Lease Returns will be appropriately identified with a copy of the pick-up paper work; they shall be wrapped in yellow and taken to the designated leasing area in the warehouse. All accessories pertaining to the lease equipment will also be identified.
- Returning Demo's and Loaner's will be identified and place by the set-up area, these will be inspected and rewrapped, placed under their appropriate space.
- Clean up the warehouse, identify equipment locations and ensure proper equipment/accessories are in their respective areas.
- Performs other assignments as required.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Visual, mental, physical, etc. that relate to the ESSENTIAL functions):
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, you will be required to push equipment over carpeted areas.
- The noise level is usually quite.
- May encounter foul weather, such as hot, cold and raining occasions.
- May also encounter heavy traffic in and around the local area.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS to perform the ESSENTIAL Functions above:
- Must have a clean driving record
- Have experience in driving a 1-2 ton delivery truck is preferred
- Experience driving a box truck (delivery or transportation vehicle)
- General knowledgeable with the local and surrounding area
- Respect the states driving laws
- Prior experience in the delivery of copier equipment is preferred
- Safe driver and respect for others
- Ability to read and understand instructions relating to the building and tearing down equipment for shipment.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or the GED equivalency or must have six to twelve months related experience
- Ability and skill to drive the Company vehicle and obtain necessary Department of Transportation ("DOT") clearance to do so, including passing the required DOT medical examination.
- Valid drivers license and meet the requirements for insurance set by company policy.
- Maintain minimum required insurance.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions for the Position:
- Required to sit for long periods of time to get to destination
- Must use hands and arms while pushing the equipment in and out of vehicle
- Frequent walking, stand, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch and or crawl.
- Frequent occasions when the employee must lift, and or move items up to 25/50 pounds.
- Be familiar with U. S. Department of Transportation Highway Safety regulations
AOT-Xerox is an EOE M/F/D/V
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!